Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day in Retrospect


I was trying all day Mothers Day to post a message but alas, my mom was here and the time just slipped away.
My Mom knows me better than anyone, most moms do know their daughters and have a connection that is unexplainable.
As we were cleaning up from a simple breakfast of homemade blueberry muffins, orange juice, and coffee, my mom who is visiting for a week, handed me a precious scuffed green book cloth journal. Speaking the words I have heard often that accompany a special found gift she said"I have had this for so long and loved it, I bought it at some tag sale a long time ago and thought is was time to pass it along" As I open the aged cover of the journal and stared in wonder at the beautiful age-stained manilla pages I let low key "Oh mom this is so cool" There gracing the pages, were pencil sketches from 1910-1920 France . The sketches were jewelry rendering (drawings) done by a French woman with meticulous and loving care.
I am posting a picture to share with you the special gift I received.
R

No comments: