Monday, May 08, 2006

I think that this , of the photographs I have taken, is one of my favorites. It represents a life goal accomplished, both for myself and my mother, as well as my sister. As we were leaving the elevator after going to the top of the Eiffel, with my parents waiting for us, I saw this bird, framed beautifully by the ornate iron of the Eiffel Tower. My sister and I walked across the bricked courtyard, laughing and realizing where we were, while my Mom was crying from one of the bases of the tower. She was so happy her daughters had made it to France, and with her.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hello : I found your blog through a link in Lelainia's. This picture at the Eiffel is so beautiful! I can identify with your Mom crying there... I did much the same when I visited there - I just couldn't stop being amazed that I had finally had a major dream come true! Your store sounds like it was a warm and inviting place. Wish I could have visited...

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

enjoy this photograph very much. the bird is wonderful.

r.